This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor
Whether you are hanging by the pool, hitting the beach for a long weekend, or exploring your local parks, summer typically means grilling. El Yucateco hot sauces can help spice up the flavors of your favorite grilling items by adding a little kick to easy low carb recipe. In this post, I’ll show you how I chose to spice up the classic bacon wrapped shrimp recipe with El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce for my outdoor adventure.
Typically you can find El Yucateco three flavors; El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce, El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce, El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik) in the ethnic food or condiment aisles. At Publix they are typically located in the ethnic food aisle, near the Mexican ingredients. Make sure to stock up on each one, since you never know when you will need to bring a little extra heat to your favorite dishes.
This grilled spicy bacon wrapped shrimp will take about 20 minutes to cook and makes 4 servings, 1 skewer of 4 bacon wrapped shrimp per serving.
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- 3 Tbsp El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce (feel free to try other sauces for new flavors)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp lime juice (typically 1/2 lime)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 16 wooden skewers
- Cook your bacon for about 2-3 minutes in a saute pan or until lightly browned and still pliable.
- Combine El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce, water, chipotle powder, lime juice, and sweetener in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the precooked bacon to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and cool for several minute.
- Remove the bacon from the sauce and cut in half, so you have 16 four inch pieces.
- Add your shrimp to the sauce and let it sit for about a minute.
- Remove shrimp from the sauce and wrap each one in a piece of bacon, then skewer them. 4 pieces per skewer.
- Heat your grill for at least 5 minutes on high and add non-stick spray to keep food from sticking.
- Add your skewers and cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Server warm with additional lime wedges